This article explains how to enable and onboard raw or aggregated data to INCRMNTAL using Amazon AWS Bucket Sync
There are two options for sharing data with INCRMNTAL via AWS. As our partner, you can choose whichever method suits you best.
- Allowing INCRMNTAL to read from a bucket created.
- Data transfer by the client to a bucket created by INCRMNTAL (Not Recommended)
Allowing INCRMNTAL to Read from a Bucket Created
Option A: Providing INCRMNTAL AWS IAM credentials to access your bucket
1. Create an IAM limited access user credentials for INCRMNTAL in your AWS account
The IAM user permissions should include: "s3:ListBucket" and "s3:GetObject"
Instructions to creating an IAM user with AWS can be found here.
2. Share the IAM user AWS Access Key, Secret Key, and bucket name with us via email@example.com
Option B: Providing INCRMNTAL account access
- The steps required for granting INCRMNTAL access to your bucket are outlined below (for a more detailed description please go to the AWS example walkthrough page)
- Your AWS administrator attaches a bucket policy, granting cross-account permission to INCRMNTAL to perform specific bucket operation.
INCRMNTAL grants permission to its users and verifies that the objects in the client’s bucket are accessible.
Note: Your administrator will need the INCRMNTAL Account ID
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get the Account ID
Example of a Bucket Policy (Read only permission)
"Sid": "Example permissions",
Data Transfer to a Bucket Created by INCRMNTAL
Option A: INCRMNTAL provides access to your company AWS account
- Provide your INCRMNTAL POC with your 12 digit AWS Account ID
- INCRMNTAL will setup a bucket policy so that you can copy data directly into this bucket
- Copy data into the bucket
Note: When copying data please add the following option to the copy comment: --acl bucket-owner-full-control
This will ensure INCRMNTAL has access to the copied files when are copied or moved between buckets
Option B: INCRMNTAL provides a AWS IAM user
If this is the option of integration you prefer, please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide you with with a IAM user AWS Access Key, Secret Key, and bucket name